> I have a Mac TI powerbook running OSX.  Every time I launch a new
> terminal window, pymol launches.  For example, if I open 3 terminal
> windows, 3 pymol sessions also start.  How do I stop this?

What?  You don't want PyMOL to launch every possible opportunity?

Actually, I've encountered this problem myself -- very annoying...

What happened is that you saved the Terminal window settings while you
had a PyMOL session open, so OS X inferred that you were indicating a
desire to have PyMOL open as a default preference.

The only way I know of changing this is to text-edit
$HOME/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Terminal.plist and remove the
ExecutionString entry which contains PyMOL.  That means deleting those
two lines: the one which contains ExecutionString and the one with the
PyMOL launch command.

Sorry about this!