Hi again,

In regard to the attached MasterMovie.py file I posted yesterday...
Sorry for a superfluous paste that repeated 5 or 6 lines of code and made the MasterMovie.py script non-functional.

You should delete lines 440 through 445 (inclusive) I think it is, where some comments about the peak_tour function got in between the "prev=arc" and "j+=1" lines (so take out the lines in between those two.) I saw it late last night when my script stopped working and thanks to several of you who caught it, too!

Gareth Stockwell also notes that so far the ribbon_ride does not work well (i.e. at all!) from the command line which I have to look into. It's the problem of data types and what is getting passed to the set_view command again, which I don't yet fully understand since the same syntax plus or minus a few parentheses does work in a script, but I'll post when I figure it out.

Morri Feldman also adds the following good idea and how to execute it, and I quote:
What do you think about using the pymol's internal "view" command to store
the views rather than explicitly passing the numbers to mvViewTravel?

The way it could work is as follows.
Suppose you have saved view1.pml and view2.pml with the storeview command.
In the pymol script you could type the following:

@view1.pml
view one, store
@view2.pml
view two, store
mvViewTravel 1-100, one, two

"one" and "two" are arbitrary strings that serve as lookup keys for the
views.

The changes to mvViewTravel that would be required are
minimal.  mvViewTravel can access the saved views like this.

def mvViewTravel(frames="1",old_view="",new_view=""):

        cmd.view(new_view)
        new_view = cmd.get_view(2)

        cmd.view(old_view)
        old_view = cmd.get_view(2)

I think this approach makes more sense than pasting the actual view
numbers into the mvViewTravel call although it adds a layer of complexity.

That would also make the ViewTravel items quite accessible from the command line.

I'll try to post the script somewhere for download later today for those who have/had trouble with the binhex.

Thanks for the interest and apologies for the mistakes!! All my attempts at code should come with a blanket warning concerning the perils with which they are fraught.

Ciao,
Seth

--
Seth Harris, Ph.D.