Hi folks:

I'd like to use my Powermate(TM) dial on OS X with Pymol. It works great with O and other programs. In essence, you
can tell it to issue a keystroke when you turn the dial.

At first, I thought I would try this:

alias y, rotate y,0.1

Then I can program the stupid driver to issue a y. That works, but you only get ONE key and I would like to do that followed by return, which is what I need to actually get it to turn the molecule 0.1 degree about Y.

Alternatively, if there is a pythonic way to alias a single key into a small incremental rotation, that would work fine too. The essential point is that it has to be ONE key (although you are permitted to combine it with Cmd/Opt/Ctrl/Shift).

Thanks.

Bill