Hi,

For SGI run 'xsetmon', if you see any resolution modes with an 's' after
the refresh (e.g. 1024x768_96s) then click that mode and click 'load'.
You can also check if your video card supports stereo by running
'glxinfo'. If you see a 'y' underneath anything in the 'st<newline>ro'
column then  stereo in a window may work.

Depending on your video card Pymol may automatically change your desktop
resolution to the highest stereo supporting resolution. For example I'm
running 1280x1024_30f and when I switch on Quad Buffered Stereo in
pymol-0_98beta27-bin-irix65-r10k the screen resolution automatically
changes to 1024x768_96s from 1280x1024_30f (I wish it would switch back
when i turn off hardware stereo, but it does not).

Hope that helps,
Sabuj Pattanayek