Dear Tsjerk and other pymolites

   To draw my cylinders I just modified Warren's example from the CGO
demos in the examples/devel directory. I give this below. Maybe there is
another way to do this? I would like cylindrical cylinders with sharp cut
ends rather than rounded ends. I guess this is down to OPENGL not to
pymol.

 I have another program that looks at the RNA atomic coordinate file and
writes in the coordinates of the double-helical regions of the RNA.
(currently this is based on a user going through the secondary structure
by hand - I discussed with Luca Jovine a little about whether it could be
done automatically but he has not time just now to spend on this).

 So below is an example of Warren's code after I hack in my coordinates,

 You get it into pymol by using the 'run' command.

 Thanks for any help with this.
                          Best wishes and regards
                                                    Martyn

# this is a trivial example of creating a cgo object consisting of a
# a single state

# first we create a list of floats containing a GL rendering stream
# obj is an empty list to begin with...
obj = []

obj.extend( [ CYLINDER,
13.839,-33.646,20.164,24.5685,-15.6645,16.6015, #hacked in from coords
                 10.0,                                     # Radius
                 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, # RGB Color 1
                 0.0, 0.0, 1.0,              # RGB Color 2
                 ] )
# then we load it into PyMOL

cmd.load_cgo(obj,'cgo013')

# move the read clipping plane back a bit to that that is it brighter

cmd.clip('far',-5)

On Tue, 10 May 2005, T.A.Wassenaar wrote:

> Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 21:37:33 +0200
> From: T.A.Wassenaar <t.a.wassen...@rug.nl>
> To: Martyn Symmons <mar...@cryst.bioc.cam.ac.uk>
> Subject: Re: [PyMOL] cgo cylinders with flat ends?
>

> Hi Martyn,
>
> It sounds like you used the SAUSAGE keyword rather than
> the CYLINDER keyword, the latter of which is a true
> cylinder. But if this line of deduction is wrong, please
> show what you tried and the result it gave.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tsjerk
>
> On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:22:10 +0100
>   Martyn Symmons <mar...@cryst.bioc.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> > dear pymol-users
> >                I have used CGO to put down 20
> >angstrom-wide cylinders on
> > the helical bits of a large RNA molecule. They come out
> >with nice rounded
> > ends but I would prefer flattened ends if possible. Is
> >there any way I can
> > do that?
> >    Thanks for any help/advice.
> >             cheerio for now,