> There's no Altivec in the G4 processor that drives the mac mini.

According to Apple, the mini's do have a "Velocity Engine" aka Altivec.
However, PyMOL doesn't itself use it, though we seriously considering writing
some Ativec code for MacPyMOL back when the G5 came out.  With Apple now going
to Intel chips, I'm glad now that we didn't waste our time on that.

--
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist

. DeLano Scientific LLC
. 400 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
. South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
. Biz:(650)-872-0942  Tech:(650)-872-0834
. Fax:(650)-872-0273  Cell:(650)-346-1154
. mailto:war...@delsci.com