Update:

With respect to "import pymol", I think all of the reported segmentation
fault and race conditions have now been eliminated from the very latest
source code.  Since everyone doesn't have CVS access, I have posted a
source tar-gz file on http://delsci.com/beta with updated instructions
on building and usage.

So if you are a unix-based Python developer with an interest in calling
PyMOL from you own stadalone applications, then this would be a good
time to try building from source into your own Python environment in
order to see whether or not it can work for you.  Windows is a
possibility too, but getting all the dependencies satisfied under Win32
is a bit of a chore.

Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist

. DeLano Scientific LLC
. 400 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
. South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
. Biz:(650)-872-0942  Tech:(650)-872-0834
. Fax:(650)-872-0273  Cell:(650)-346-1154
. mailto:war...@delsci.com