Kostas,

This command:
dist name, sel1, sel2, mode=3D2

doesn't work because the move value should be a whole number ie. 1,2,3 etc.

Also unless you have some objects actually called sel1 and sel2 you won't get anything meaningful back.

something like this:

dist name, resn lys, resn glu, mode=2

will give you a new object called name, which shows the distances between all lysine and glutamate N-O atoms within approxmately 3.5 Angstroms.

Is this clearer?

Jules