Dear Bernhard,

The user manual is quite informative where it comes to making
selections. There is not a polar/nonpolar grouping made for you, but
you can easily select the residues based on their names (resn or r.).

select basic, (resn lys,his,arg)

As a side note, on this as well as all other user lists, it is
preferred that you set a subject line which reflects the question
you're asking. Since many of us are dedicating our own time to
answering, we usually make a preselection of the mails we could
possibly provide an answer to. Mails without subject are likely to be
thrown away unread.

Cheers,

Tsjerk