Hello and good morning,

being newly arrived in this list, I am a molecular biologist working
recently in endocrinology and epigenetics and living in the black forest
in the south west of germany.

Since I am not fully content with the picture quality which I can get
with Rasmol, I am trying to use PyMOL. However, since I try to adopt my
rasmol script for use in PyMOL, I am unable to find how to select
individual amino acids, or e.g. polar or basic residues. I am quite
convinced that such shortcuts exist. But either the refmanual oder the
usermanual lack mentioning any typ of aminoacids, so far as I can say
(searching with Acrobat reader).

It would be a pleasure if anyone could point me to the proper
information.

Thanks a lot

Bernhard
--