Hi Leo,

AFAIK you can't do it with Pymol, as it would require additional
fonts. Also, it seems tough to me to position to label properly with
respect to the camera. But you have plenty control with
convert/imagemagick (see
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/annotating/). That will allow you to
process your images script-wise, I think even using whatever font you
want (although copyright 2008 or (c)2008 will probably also do ;) see
the examples).

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Chavas Leo <pymolhnaa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all --
> On 30 Jul 2008, at 01:03, DeLano Scientific wrote:
>
> Richard,
>
> label (residue 200 and name ca), "My favorite C_alpha"
>
> The command you provided works as written, so what are you asking exactly?
>
> Is is that you want us to add a GUI way of doing this?
>
> Related to labeling, I was wondering how to insert symbol labels such as
> "angstrom", or "alpha" etc., even the "copyright" symbol?
> I've tried in the past, without much success. I know it will be easier to do
> it via an external program such as Gimp, but I'm asking in the idea to
> generate a line at the bottom of the picture for copyright purpose, when I'm
> generating hundreds of pictures for building a movie... Do I have to link
> the font library to the library I've got on my computer?
> Kind regards.
> -- Leo --
> Chavas Leonard, Ph.D. @ home
> Research Associate