Hello Leo,

You could use Unicode to get the special characters you were taking about.

angstrom = u"\u00C5"
angstrom_utf8 = angstrom.encode ('utf-8')
label (residue 200 and name ca), "Distance: 8"+angstrom_utf8

To see the label bigger use set label_size, 20
You can get the unicode charts from here http://www.unicode.org/charts