I've never found a clean way to do this - what I do is to save a PDB file
with the original model and the relevant symmetry mates, which I then use
for the alignments.  There may be a way to do is with object groups,
however.  (FYI, you'll probably also need to rename the chain IDs for the
symmetry mates so you can still use a unique atom selection for the original
chain(s).)

-Nat

On Sunday, September 11, 2011, shukunluo <shukun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Pymol users,
>
> I want to compare the crystal packing and contacts of two different space
groups of the same protein using pymol. Here's what I did: (1)loaded two
structures; (2) aligned two structures; (3) generated symmetry-related
objects of two structures. However, the symmetry-related molecules didn't
move with the source structure. I tried in coot to superimposed two
structures then save the moved molecules, but the space group changed to the
target structures. I also tried the matrix_copy command with failure.