Hi,

Cealign's the way to go here. If you have a massively powerful
computer you can continue turning off the "guide" which selects
special carbons to "guide" the alignment. We need to improve/extend
for nucleic acids. Would someone mind filing a feature request on the
open-source bug tracker? We also need to standardize the alignment
interface as more and more alignment algorithms appear.

Cheers,

-- Jason

Jason Vertrees, PhD
PyMOL Product Manager