Hi Suhaila,

mogrify modifies in-place, causing a mismatch between the extension
and the format. I guess that the script decides based on the
extension, and thus fails. Better is to use convert:

convert contactmap.xpm contactmap.png

Do make sure that the conversion goes well. I'm not exactly sure
whether Gromacs XPM files are properly processed by Imagemagick.

Cheers,

Tsjerk