Hi Suhaila,

"contact_map_visualizer" is a PyMOL command, so you need to type it in
the PyMOL command line. You must not type the square brackets, these
denote optional arguments. Example:

PyMOL> load structure.pdb
PyMOL> contact_map_visualizer contact-map.xpm

"g_mdmat" is not a PyMOL command, but PyMOL will try to run in
internally if you pass no arguments to contact_map_visualizer. Your
setup looks like this will work.

PyMOL> load structure.pdb
PyMOL> contact_map_visualizer

Hope that helps.