Hi Tsjerk,

you could map keys, so hiding surface of a atom/residue/... breaks down
to a click + key press operation.

cmd.set_key('F1', cmd.show, ('surface', 'sele'))
cmd.set_key('F2', cmd.hide, ('surface', 'sele'))

If you really want to map the mouse click operation you need to write a
wizard, which is more work.

--
Thomas Holder
MPI for Developmental Biology