The handling of density maps changed with (I believe) version 1.5 -
earlier versions would just load the map as given, later ones appear to
try to do symmetry expansion (even if the map isn't covering the ASU).
I've seen this result in a similar error message when loading session
files (with electron density, created in 1.4) with 1.5.  My solution has
been to stick with 1.4.

However, I don't generally use multi-state session files, so I don't
know if the electron density problem is related to the multi-state
problem or not.

Pete