I describe this in a blog post. Maybe it helps you.

http://qmviews.blogspot.ch/2012/01/pymol-005-optimizing-only-part-of.html

On 24.04.13 19:21, Osvaldo Martin wrote:
Where I can find documentation about the exact meaning of all the settings related to the sculpt function? In particular what the "sculpt_field_mask" setting does?

I am trying to sculpt the sidechaiin of a particular residue while protecting the rest of the structure. Which are the bet parameters to try to move the sidechain while avoiding clashes/bumps?

Thanks.