Hi,
I've just purchased v1.6 and installed it under MacOS 10.6.8.
I have a problem with using "distance" from a script, as well as via the wizard.

my pdb has 12 chains.
when I type: distance d1, molA and chain a and resi 53 and name o, molA and chain d and resi 8 and name n the distance is drawn between: chain M and resi 7 and atom cg, and chain I and resi 53 and atom o.

I don't understand the error. So I turned to the wizard ->measurement. I click on the atoms that are in front of me, and the distance is drawn again between chain M and resi 7 and atom cg, and chain I and resi 53 and atom o. For a proof, I'm pasting the top screen where the names of the atoms I clicked is:
You clicked /molA//A/SER`53/O
Selector: selection "sele" defined with 1 atoms.
You clicked /molA//D/GLY`8/N)

I was previously under 1.3 and didn't have this problem.
Can you help me?
Vincent

--

Vincent Chaptal, PhD

Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Protéines

Drug-resistance modulation and mechanism Laboratory

7 passage du Vercors

69007 LYON

FRANCE

+33 4 37 65 29 01