Hi,

There is a script available on the pymol wiki called "zero_residues". This
will allow you to easily renumber any AA sequence.
As far as other heteroatoms are concerned you could consider removing them
(remove hetatm), or extract them into a second object.
Another alternative is to simply adjust the coloring command according to
the pdb.

Hope that helps,

Andreas