Hi Lau,

If you install from command line, it will most likely install to
/usr/local/bin/. The problem is, your icons probably link to the app you
uninstalled. I would try to find the /usr/local/bin/pymol in your finder
window, then drag the binary to your desktop in you want an icon. If you really
want a fresh install I would delete all the pymol directories in your computer
with a find command like, and run a fresh install...

sudo cd / ; find . -name “*pymol*" -exec rm -rf {} \;

However, that will delete any files that have the word “pymol” in it. So if you
have some sessions you need that have those words in it do not run that
command.

--
Jordan R. Willis, Ph.D.

Research Associate @Schief Lab