Thomas,

In reading PyMOL PSE files into Jmol I have recently run into the problem
with some of these files (version 1.8.2.3). Jmol has no problem reading the
standard Pickle format, but there seems to be an option in PyMOL to
serialize binary data structures as BINSTRING or SHORT_BINSTRING format
along with other standard strings. This sounds like a great idea; I have no
doubt that this will lead to considerably smaller PSE files and also faster

Q: Is this the default format now for saving PyMOL PSE files?

Q: Is there a way to turn that off?

Q: In order to do this properly, how many versions of the atom info data
structure do I need to be able to process?

Bob

--
Robert M. Hanson
Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900