Hi there,

I'm saving the sequences from each chain of the PDB via pymol with

>>save something.fasta, chain A

This is the same sequence that is shown in pymol and seems to correspond to
the structure I am looking at.

However, when I loaded new B-factors in my structure, I noticed something
funny happened. The list which I made corresponding to the sequence I saved
earlier was too short.

I  found out by iterating that some residues repeated themselves(>>iterate
(chain A and n. CA), print resn). They carry the same residue number, and
are not shown in the sequence. However, when I load my B-factors my list
shifts because of these repeats, making it too short for the complete chain
and loading the wrong value onto residues.

Does anyone know why this happens and how I can fix this?

Thank you,

Vivien