Hi,

PyMOL seems not to primarily target working with densities.

I suggest to use Chimera if you work with cryo EM maps.
E.g. you can use it to fit your struct into the density map.
If you decide to use Chimera, be careful, a first step of frustration could be caused by the extension of the density file. Yes, the extension - .mrc or .map; depending on the extension the map is aligned to the origo or not (or something like that).

Bests,
Tamas