Hi,

I am fairly new to opencl and I'm currently trying to get PyOpenCL to work in
order to use an other python based package (pysph).
I have done the following steps for the installation

-installed  CentOS 7.6
-installed Radeon VII OpenCL drivers (sudo required)
-installed miniconda with python 3.7 without sudo
-created conda environement
- installed pyopencl (tried via conda-forge and pip)

when I try to run the following minimal example in the conda environment

    import pyopencl as cl

    platforms = cl.get_platforms()

    ctx = cl.Context(dev_type=cl.device_type.GPU,
properties=[(cl.context_properties.PLATFORM, platforms[0])])
    print(ctx.devices)

I get the following error
  File "test.py", line 5, in <module>
    ctx = cl.Context(dev_type=cl.device_type.GPU,
properties=[(cl.context_properties.PLATFORM, platforms[0])])
    pyopencl._cl.RuntimeError: Context failed: DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

I could not find any solution in the installation instructions or by googling
or searching the the error message in the Mailing list. Has anybody had similar
issues? Or does PyOpen CL requires root access to work properly?

Thanks a lot for any clues in advance,
Marina