Alex Martelli wrote:

--- Armin Rigo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If anyone shows up with a Javascript parser, I'm sure we could
together
hack (and translate (and later have a JIT from)) a basic Javascript
interpreter within a few weeks :-)

Actually, I think the currently useful thing might be a way to
compile (any decent language, Python for choice) INTO Javascript
(with reasonable efficiency), so one could write AJAX pages without
actually having to code in Javascript...;-)

Alex
I took a stab at this once based on somebody else's code...

http://davidf.sjsoft.com/files/py2js

I found some Python constructs ended up being tricky to translate to JavaScript (as the rest of the thread said). So the idea here was to be able to start with some Python code, get it into basic JavaScript syntax, but then you'd probably have to munge it anyway

Cheers
David