On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Armin Rigo <ar...@tunes.org> wrote:
> Hi Maciek,
>
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 9:27 PM, Maciej Fijalkowski <fij...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What's although worth considering is how to get stuff optimized even
>> if we don't have loops (but I guess carl has already started)
>
> I'm unsure what you mean here.  The function_threshold stuff you did
> is exactly that, no?

A verbose answer - the function_threshold is about it, but also the
optimization level is much lower if we can't do loop invariant code
motion. One example is global lookups, where carl (or his student) is
working on eliminating guards even if we don't do LICM. This is what I
meant by "optimizing" a no-loop scenario.