Maciej> I would really like this sort of changes to come with it's own
    Maciej> tests (ones that check what was compiled preferably).

What might such tests look like?  That is, how would they be different than
tests which demonstrate that the current translation code is correct?  (Are
there translation-only unit tests for the current translator?)  Wouldn't
passing the existing tests be sufficient?  I'm not at all familiar with the
current code base, so I might be way off-base here.  If so, my apologies.

--
Skip Montanaro - s...@pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/