Hi Uwe,

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Uwe F. Mayer <uwe_f_ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>       3 [main] pypy-c 11788 fixup_mmaps_after_fork: ReadProcessMemory failed
> for MAP_PRIVATE address 0xB0010000, Win32 error 998

Yes, that's one of the mmap addresses used by the JIT, if available.

More to the point, googling for "fork cygwin mmap" shows that there
are open bugs with cygwin's fork() in the presence of MAP_PRIVATE
mmaps.  That's obviously why it fails.

I don't really know what we can reasonably do about that, short of
asking people to use some specific versions of cygwin where it seems
to work.  I can imagine what we could unreasonably do as work-around,
but that requires a lot of work and gross hacks that don't seem
appropriate to put in the pypy source just to support cygwin...  I
would recommend that you try to see it fixed on the cygwin side.

A bientôt,

Armin.