Hi,
Thanks for help concerning cvs handling.
I nearly succeed in creating my new cvs base threw eric interface!
I have created the cvs repository successfuly and correctly imported my sources files as root user.

Now, I've just a little problem of permissions when trying to import this project from the repository, for a non-root user.
I have done as follow:
Project -> Version Control...-> New from repository
and I gave the correct path for cvs repository and archive name ('clim_project' in my case)

Then I obtain the following error in a two part window :
cvs -f -d /usr/local/cvsroot/ checkout -r clim_project clim_project
***
cvs checkout: failed to create lock directory for `/usr/local/cvsroot/clim_project' (/usr/local/cvsroot/clim_project/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs checkout: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/usr/local/cvsroot/clim_project'
cvs [checkout aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

I believe this is mostly a cvs question, but what must I do to obtain permissions for a non root user?

Regards.
++
Jul.

Detlev Offenbach wrote: