is there a way to create a .tar.gz file for my applications ?? so that the other users will just type $python configure.py && make && makeinstall

A possibility is to install Python, Qt and PyQt and your
application in for instance /home/yourhome/usr.

    We distribute (closed source) applications
    with Qt, Python, Sip and PyQt custom built
    for baseline Suse/Win32/Solaris/etc environments.
    The tarball size isn't too bad.  But it is
    a fair effort to rebuild all the stuff for
    each new version of Qt/Python/etc...

    If you have success with cx-freeze, make sure
    you mention that here... :-)

Nigel