Currently struggeling a bit with eric ide.

I've noticed some rough edges wich might be not too hard to clear out
if not done already.

The version I use is 3.7.0, so some of them may be alreaddy pronounced.

x. Debug --> Run Script
   asks always for permission to save the script.
This is pretty unnecessary. Better would be to try to save it anyway. Throw an exception if it can't be saved. I as a user expect to debug the script in its current state not in unsaved state. Most of the time I end up hitting enter one time too often when the dialog is not popping up cos the script has already been saved, wich gives a pretty error prone newline somewhere in the middle of nowhere. A good way to handle this is an option <x automatically save open files on exec>

x. Having a dialog box popping up when eric detects a currently open file has been changed outside the application is not very handy. An option <x automatically reload files if changed
   outside the application> would be better.

x. Its a bit irritating in splitter layout having these docking windows popping one open and one close when I trigger a script. Nice to have the exception at hand, but a pain for the eyes. I would prefere the left and right panes just keeping the size I put them to. Shaking the source code once from right to left is making me dizzy :-)

Would be nice if these issues could be fixed. Would make the interface slicker. I know, writing an editor is pretty hard, writing a whole ide is somewhere close
to suicide for a man on its own.

   Juergen