Am 08.11.2010 20:48, schrieb Arnold Krille:
On Monday 08 November 2010 17:40:02 Phil Thompson wrote:
On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 08:11:07 -0500, John Posner<jjpos...@optimum.net>

wrote:
On 10/30/2010 7:47 AM, Phil Thompson wrote:
PyQt v4.8.1 has been released and is available from the usual place.

Over the past year, downloads from
http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/download have been
impossible for me. More precisely, the download speed starts at about
0.6KB/sec, and degrades from there. After a minute or so, I put the
download out of its misery. Does anyone else experience this behavior?

Out of curiosity, what are you using (ie. which browser) to download?

We used Firefox on windows and chromium on Linux both with the same (slow)
result. We are in Germany, other sites work as well as they should with our
universities connection (that is a lot faster then downloads from
riverbankcomputing...).
Just downloaded PyQt 4.8.1 also from Germany with Firefox 3.6.12. It took about 2 minutes. I have a T-Online DSL 16000 contract. (16000 kbits/s). Maybe this info is of any help...

Jan

Have fun,

Arnold