On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 at 00:58, Anthony Baxter wrote:
Speaking as a past release manager, the reason that things like that didn't
get merged is because... drumroll... no-one merged them.
It's another tree to checkout and patch. Personally, I was always of the
belief that if someone wanted to fix docs (or comments, or other things like
that) in a maintenance branch, more power to them.

What I do is accumulate a list of doc fixes I've made, and when the
list gets to some undefined size or age, I merge them all in one
svnmerge batch.  I think Georg does something similar.

--David