On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Victor Stinner <victor.stin...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2014/1/7 Eli Bendersky <eli...@gmail.com>:
> > Are we really that much in need of convert-to-clinic *now*?
>
> Why not creating the 3.4 branch after the beta1 and develop Python 3.5
> in default during the stabilisation process of Python 3.4? It's like
> many other softwares are developed.
>
> Only bugfixes would be accepted in the branch 3.4, as we do currently
> with 3.3 branch.

I asked this exact question a few weeks ago, but got the answer that this
is the way Python does it. Fair enough, but huge amount of churn generated
by a not-yet-decided-how-it-should-work Argument Clinic is really unrelated
and totally out of place between beta2 and the final release of a major
Python version.

Eli