On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 at 15:49 M.-A. Lemburg <m...@egenix.com> wrote:

> On 16.06.2016 00:42, Brett Cannon wrote:
> > I don't think anything has fallen over, so I'm calling this a successful
> > migration! The peps repo is now https://github.com/python/peps .
>
> Thanks for putting so much hard work into this !

Welcome!

> > I have given the Python core team on GitHub write access to the
> repository
> > so people can add/update their own PEPs. There is also an issue tracker
> > there, seeded with some enhancements we could make to have the PEPs be
> > nicer to work with.
> >
> > I should also mention that the CLA bot is turned on for this repo as per
> > our lawyer's advice, so people will need to have signed the CLA and have
> > their GitHub username associated with their bugs.python.org account to
> have
> > their pull request cleared for acceptance.
>
> This part is a bit weird: Most PEPs are in the public domain,
> so why should we need a CLA for contributing to PEPs ?

Van explicitly told me that contributions to PEPs should be covered by the
CLA. IANAL so I'm not going to guess as to why we need to do this.

> > And can someone delete hg.python.org/peps?
>
> Hmm, isn't it better to make this read-only to avoid breaking links
> to it ?

If you want. My only worry is people forgoing GitHub and sending us
outdated patches. But if people want it left up for now we can (I can't
guarantee we will keep hg.python.org around forever, though). As long as
people can't commit to the peps repo that's the most critical thing in the
short-term.