> On Jun 16, 2016, at 1:38 AM, Barry Warsaw <ba...@python.org> wrote:
>
> On Jun 15, 2016, at 06:59 PM, Donald Stufft wrote:
>
>> Currently there’s nothing preventing people from pushing directly to
>> the PEP repository, in https://github.com/python/peps/issues/5 there’s
>> talk of setting up Travis to ensure the PEPs are always building and
>> if the flag is set to require a +1 from Travis, then all changes will
>> need to go through PRs.
>
> Yes, I agree that's where we want to end up.  It might make sense to
> allow PEP editors to push directly for $reasons, but I don't know if
> that's possible.

If we want to give a group of people the ability to override the status check
we just need to give that group of people Administrator access to the repository
so we could add a “PEP Editors” group if we didn’t want to give the entire
Python Core team such permission.

I’m unsure if that means that they can push directly or not, or if that
only means they can merge a PR that doesn’t have the requisite passing status
checks.

—
Donald Stufft