On 06/27/2016 11:24 AM, R. David Murray wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 08:25:40 -0700, Steve Dower <steve.do...@python.org> wrote:
On 26Jun2016 1932, Larry Hastings wrote:
https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-352/
/p.s. There appears to be a small oops with the Windows installers for
3.5.2--uploaded to the wrong directory or something.  They'll be
available soon, honest!
I've already submitted a false positive report, so I expect an update to
correct it at some point in the future, but please do not be alarmed to
see this warning when installing Python 3.5.2, or when scanning any
earlier version of 3.5.
Should there be a note about this on the download page(s)?

I've added a note.

   * Windows users: Some virus scanners (most notably "Microsoft
   Security Essentials") are flagging
   "Lib/distutils/command/wininst-14.0.exe" as malware. This is a
   "false positive": the file does not contain any malware. We build it
   ourselves, from source, on a known-clean system. We've asked that
   this false positive report be removed, and expect action soon. In
   the meantime, please don't be alarmed to see this warning when
   installing Python 3.5.2, or when scanning any earlier version of 3.5.

   https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-352/

//arry/

p.s. the "oops" was about missing files, not about the false positive for malware.