On 02.05.2017 04:25, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> On 2 May 2017 at 08:32, Christian Heimes <christ...@python.org> wrote:
>> This brings me to my questions
>>
>> 1) Should we try to move discussion back to BPO or are we fine with
>> having major decisions just in Github PRs?
>>
>> 2) How can we retain enough information on BPO to keep it useful as
>> research database for past decisions?
>
> It's OK to have the discussions on GitHub, but one of the
> responsibilities of reviewers is to ensure that significant design
> decisions are summarised on the related tracker issue for future
> reference.

I don't think that's a good idea, since the core devs then
have to check what's good discussion to have on Github PRs
and what not.

IMO, it's much easier for everyone to just always point people
to BPO for discussions and keep PRs reserved for code reviews.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, May 02 2017)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/