On 23May2017 1115, Brett Cannon wrote:
While at the PyCon US sprints the idea came up of offering Carol Willing
developer privileges. Everyone at the table -- about 6 of us -- liked
the idea and Carol also said she would happy to become a core dev, so
I'm officially putting her forward for consideration.

For those of you who don't know Carol, she basically knows our developer
workflow better than most of us. :) ; she's very active on the devguide
and core-mentorship. Carol has also attended the PyCon US language
summit two years in a row as a representative for the Jupyter project.
She is actually so good with new people that she managed to get my wife
to make her first open source contribution (something I never managed to
do).

As usual, if you support/object to this idea, please say so.

+1. Would love to have Carol in a position where she can mentor contributors all the way through to completion, and I trust that she'll use her powers for good :)

Cheers,
Steve