tl;dr +1 for me as well

> For those of you who don't know Carol, (...)

To be honest, I just met Carol at the Pycon US (yeah! that's the
purpose of such event, no?). I wasn't aware of her amazing work on
CPython. The thing is that I'm a "code" nerd: I basically ignore
everything related to CPython, except of the code in the CPython
repository.

With the amazing work done on the CPython workflow *leaded* by Brett
Cannon (Brett was also helped by a cool task force made of many people
doing many tasks all around), I realized that CPython is *much* larger
than just the code. Well, a friend is trying to explain me that for
years, but well, I'm slow :-)

Let me explain differently:

* if you remove the team who maintained bug tracker, users will be
unable to report new bugs or to reply -- sadly, issues on the
authentication occurs often (every 6 months?) for an unknown reason,
but hopefully it's always fixed quickly

* if you remove the core-workflow team, CPython would still be using
patch files attached to our bug tracker, we would still have to run
tests manually and hope (did I say pray?) that only a few buildbots
will break, etc. Well, I don't think that it's worth it to elaborate
on that part, the new workflow became so simple for contibutors *and*
core developers to publish, review and merge changes!

* if you remove the PyPI, haha... it's hard to imagine that, but ok,
let's say that pypi.python.org doesn't exist: trust me, the Python
community would simply not exist and Guido would have to serve his
lord Larry Wall (fear!).

* if you remove python.org... how would you get Python? how do you
find the documentation? where are the latest Python news? how can I
get information on Pycon events? etc.

* if you remove buildbots, Python wouldn't be at that quality level

* if you remove the security team, Python wouldn't be used in some
area for good reasons

* if you remove the Python infra team, say hello to PyPI down time,
"hey! is PyPI working for you?" -- do you recall this old time which
was no so long ago?

* if you remove Pycon events, ...

* if you remove mailing lists and our postmaster, ...

* ...

Sorry, I have to catch my flight, so I cannot finish my list, but I
guess that you now got my point :-)

So to come back to Carol: she is very active on mentoring newcomers,
guide them, take time to write kind emails, and obvious she helps a
lot on the devguide. Carol told me that she wants to start working on
the CPython documentation. Promoting her would only encourage that.

Same rationale for my previous vote to promote Mariatta, I expect that
mentoring and documentation would be a trampoline to extend their
interest in other areas. (I'm not saying that it's a requirement, just
that being recognize for our work gives good feeling and helps to
remain motivated since it's sometimes hard to write a change or to a
get a change merged.)

I hope that Carol would be an example for us to promote other people
working hard in CPython but remaing in the shadow of the "code" cloud.

I also expect that getting more core dev in other areas than the code
will help to notice active contributors to mentor them and maybe later
promote them as well as core dev.

As Barry reminded me in the keynote, the Python community is also kind
and welcome thanks to humour and the Monty Python. So I would like to
share that song with you:

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M

/And...always look on the bright side of life.../
/Always look on the light side of life.../

Victor