On 05/30/2018 11:59 AM, Brett Cannon wrote:
On Wed, 30 May 2018 at 10:21 Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io <mailto:don...@stufft.io>> wrote:

    So I think for the system to work, you need to either allow anyone
    to flag an issue as a release blocker, and the RM is empowered to
    say “No this really isn’t” and unflag it, or you need two flags,
    for release blocker, and maybe release blocker, and both block the
    release.

Yep, or as MAL suggested, a "potential release blocker" or something where we expect only RMs to push something all the way up to an actual "release blocker".

I suggest we simply use the existing "critical" priority to also mean "potential release blocker".  If not, what would be the salient difference between a "critical" bug and a "potential release blocker" bug?

//arry/