> On 28 Sep 2018, at 23:55, Chris Jerdonek <chris.jerdo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 2:45 PM, Łukasz Langa <luk...@langa.pl
> <mailto:luk...@langa.pl>> wrote:
> There is a user trust system where proven community members get more power in
> time, for example to fix typos and move topics to a better category.
>
> Will committers start out as "proven," or will we need to "re-prove"
> ourselves to gain additional privileges? How is the trust evaluation
> bootstrapped in Python's case, and who can confer additional trust (e.g. can
> it be non-committers, etc)?

Regular users start at trust level 0. Committers are at trust level 3. There is
only one more level and this is for moderators and admins of the instance. This
models what we had on the mailing lists, what we have on GitHub, and so on. I
hope it makes sense.

> I hope this thread about transitioning is exempt from this call to action! :)

This e-mail is specifically re-posted on Discourse so you can discuss it there,
too :-)

- Ł