Le jeu. 15 nov. 2018 à 13:55, M.-A. Lemburg <m...@egenix.com> a écrit :
> I find it rather unusual that we are pushed to vote on PEPs
> which will just have been finished in writing tonight.

Well, denying to modify PEPs during the PEP is the only reliable
solution to prevent PEP authors to modify their PEP :-)

IMHO latest changes (that I saw) in the governance PEPs are "minor",
they don't change fundamentally the governance model.

> Shouldn't people who were not involved in the individual creation
> processes at least get two weeks to review the final work
> to make up their mind before entering a voting period ?

Two weeks is the duration of the vote. It isn't enough to review PEPs?
Most PEPs have been written one month ago, if not longer.

> For the people who have been heavily involved in the PEP creations
> this may seem unnecessary, but this is just small subset of the
> core developers.

I guess that many people will not start reading the governance PEPs
until they really have to :-) I'm not sure that postpone the vote
would help.

> BTW: Thank you for writing up the comparison. I hope you have
> updated to the resp. final versions of the PEPs as well :-)

You're welcome. Yes, I already updated everything :-) Hopefully, other
PEP authors are also keeping this comparison up to date!

Victor