Hello Ivan,

As mentioned, this was sent to python-committers, i.e. all core developers.
The Steering Council, Conduct WG, and PSF Board have been working incredibly
diligently on this incident for quite some time.  Remember that almost all of
us are volunteers too!

We have tried to balance transparency and communication with respecting the
privacy and reputation of the individuals involved, including the banned member
and members who were reprimanded but not banned.  We tried to balance the
severity of the corrective action with the hope that these members will reflect
on the reasons for the warnings or ban, and when they next engage with the
community, how they can more closely follow the spirit and letter of the code
of conduct.

Making this community a place where people feel included, safe, and welcome is
exactly why the Steering Council has taken the actions it has taken.  If you
are still feeling scared, I urge you to reach out to the Steering Council to
express your concerns and feelings.

Cheers,
-Barry