On Sat, 15 May 2021 at 03:14, Dong-hee Na <donghee...@python.org> wrote:

> Believe it or not, there are people who are not familiar with the IRC culture.
> And those people are who enter the opensource culture after the 2010s.
> That period coincides with the growth of GitHub.
>
> So I'm also a supporter of new communication tools.
> Here the list below is my consideration.
[...]

Those are all good points. I'll add one more:

* Does it have a good web-client experience? Not everyone wants to run
an additional client, so being able to get the full client experience
in a browser tab is important.

In case it's not clear, I'd *like* a chat-style community, but I'd
prefer it to be a little more "social". We have plenty of
"work-related" communication channels, but IMO we don't really have
anywhere that's the online equivalent of the workplace "hanging out
around the coffee machine" interactions (which are often very
productive work-related conversations, but can also be purely social).

Paul