On 5/15/2021 1:01 PM, Paul Moore wrote:

Specifically, we tried Zulip and it failed, in the sense that
basically no-one uses it.

So let's start by working out *why* it failed.

I never tried it because it was introduced about the same time as 'discuss', and it was enough for me to learn *that*, and then 'discord' for the sprint. I never understood what the difference was supposed to be. Maybe because I never used IRC.

I just logged in and it seems that most of the discussions were meta, about tulip itself. It is not at all limited to coredevs. Moreover, most of the discussion presented should have somehow been labelled 'closed' (BPO), 'answered' (SO), or otherwise 'ignore' or 'archived' unless specifically searched for. BPO's front page only lists the most recently active open issues.

tjr