> - Subscriptions may expire for lack of activity, but resubscribing is
welcomed.

This does not mean we *need* to expel people due to inactivity.  Lurking is
one method of learning.  Manually, I would not bother to try and remove
inactive subscribers until an actual problem arises.

If we do want to do this, it should be a fully automated process that
happens on a scheduled basis with a scheduled idea of who is auto
unsubscribed.  something like a quarterly process that removes people who
are not on python-committers who have not posted in over 12 months.  or any
similar definition of dates.  well defined automation removes any feeling
of targeting or arbitrary moderator whim.

my 2 cents,
-gps