On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 11:19 PM Christian Heimes <christ...@python.org> wrote:
> How about:
>
> * a buildbot is required. For a transition period a public CI system,
> that runs Python's test suite at least once per day, is also acceptable.
>
> * at least one active contributor who acts as a point of contact,
> monitors CI and provides fixes in a timely fashion.

Sadly, I'm not sure that a regular contributor is enough to get fixes
merged even fixes are written. Maybe it's better to require one core
dev per Tier 3 platform.

What if tomorrow someone sets up a MinGW buildbot. Is it enough to
promote MinGW as Tier 3? There are many MinGW patches awaiting in the
bug tracker for *years* and nobody is available to review and merged
them. (I didn't check recently, maybe some of them have been merged in
the meanwhile?)

For the buildbot, IMO it's important that the whole test suite pass.
I'm fine with skipping a large number of tests. But a single failure
makes a buildbot really annoying, barely usuable, because buildbots
are unable to say if a change adds more errors than previously. It's a
boolean: either all tests pass, or "at least one test fails": you have
to dig into logs to know the exact number :-(

Victor